Wednesday, November 28, 2018

on the grace train...

 



It always starts with a nudge.

"Go and talk to her."So I leave my pew, make my way up to the wooden statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe and touching her feet I whisper :"Help." Her gaze is off to the right, eyes half closed but I know she hears.

Our chats are brief .She advises patience, peace and always prayer. I nod.

What I have brought to her is a painful situation in my family.New and troubling.The holiday time of family has become sorrowful. When I walk away from our talk, it is with the confidence that I just need to keep my eyes open and watch. My mood lifts. I know I have been heard.

When I get home from Mass, I open my e-mails and find one from a high school friend who reads this blog. I have not heard from Alice in months. My mouth falls open when I read the link she has sent me. It is an interview with a Jewish, atheist Harvard professor named Roy Schoeman, whose heart was converted when Mary appeared to him and they had a chat. Alice was looking for a music video on you tube when she happened on the conversion video and sent it on. Mary at work.

That day, an e-mail and then in awhile, a call and the healing has begun.

Hail Mary, full of grace.

5 comments:

mary kingston said...

Always you inspire us, thankyou. You are one of The Blessed Mother's Angels here on earth. xo

georgia peach said...

Mary, how kind of you to read and comment.It means the world,my dear one.Thank you.

memawmaw4 said...

Sharon, I have watched that man's videos, also, and it is a wonder how Jesus and Mary works in the lives of different people....I hope your family situation is better...I've not been doing well, and "troubles" with Linda have made things all the worse....
God Bless you and your family!!
Bev

patricia griggs said...

My Delight, your sorrows are mine, yet recently I was angelically reminded that when we pray to Mary for anything we should specifically ask Her to purify our petitions, She will exactly do that so that when She presents our prayers to Jesus, He never refuses Her requests. I now pray this way and peace sustains me no matter, whatever may be concerning. Mary above is indeed correct...by your example,you pave the way for many to fall in love with our good God!
"No one who believes in Him will be put to shame."
May you rest in the glory of Christ during this Christmas season and beyond, ton amie, patricia

Anonymous said...

Sharon, thank you for sharing your feelings, as through this we all get healing and all remember that in His time, God heals.
Love,
Elaine