Friday, June 10, 2022

the very thin veil

 

Dear John,

 I got your message. It took awhile but I figured it out.

 Last night I had a dream if you can call it that. It had been a lonely day as many are. What occurred had never happened before and I found it so strange. Persistently, this thought kept coming to mind each time I woke up which was often: "Luke 7:28." I had no idea what that passage was but it kept repeating over and over like a broken record. Luke 7:28.I memorized it because it seemed important. When I woke up, I forgot all about it. But I wasn't supposed to and it came back and I wrote it down. Now I needed to know what that was all about.

The verse reads : "I assure you , there is no man born of woman greater than John. Yet, the least born into the kingdom of  God is greater than he." Luke 7:28. I pondered that and then this occurred to me, how many verses in the thousands of the Bible speak of a John? What spiritual message did that passage have for me. Then I knew why that verse. 

And I also know that it is the first sentence that you were really sending, the one where you are the greatest because that is our joke. You used to say: "I was so gorgeous once". "Grahams are the greatest".etc.

"When we ourselves enter the eternal world and come to see our lives in full view, we may be surprised at the immense assistance and support with which our departed loved ones have accompanied every moment of our lives." John O'Donohue.

I will not be surprised at all.

1 comment:

Rosemary Edna Mayo said...

Dear Friend of many years,

I lovEd this meditaTion and IT'S uplifting conclusion ...I can just see you AND jOHN HAVINF THAT CONVERSATION TOGETHER AND BOTH OF YOU SHARING LOVING SMILES AND CHUCKLES WITH EACH OTHER.

hOPE YOUR WEATHER HAS BEEN GOOD, AND YOU ARE HAVING PRECIOUS TIMES WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN aUSTRALIA. ISS YOU LOTS!

lOVE, "rOSIE"
ps, mERRY cHRISTMAS TO YO ALL.!