Sunday, December 16, 2018

trying hard to show love.





Four male turkeys are resting in the leaves in the woods out back. They are huge and pretty stunning when they chase us around our driveway. Windham Hill artists are pleasantly filling the day with calm and cheer. Winter.

Something kept going through my mind as Mass was about to begin.....God tries so hard to show us His love.That thought kept swirling around like a colorful mist. I know it is true in my core. I sat in peace with this knowing. Yes, above all else, that is what He does. It is the direction that His energy goes:  a sunset here, a particularly beautiful leaf there, a swaying branch with snow when everything else around is still, a kindness.

If we truly know that, what else matters? Truly.

As I was leaving church, a member of our writing group shared an insight that she received while on retreat:
Be still and be in the moment.Yes, oh yes. What a gift. Will we see that sunset, that leaf, that snow encrusted branch at all? Pay attention, He is moving. Do not think ahead, see the leaves under your feet ? Here. Now.

Another member of that group of courageous writers gifted me with his first book today. So much work has gone into this labor of his heart. Inside was a poem of his creating, that thanked me for our group. A very lovely thank you.

On a Sunday morning, what I heard came to be. "Look at these two gifts that you hold to your heart. See?"

No comments: