Sunday, January 8, 2023

I do not want my life to be only about grief ...

 



I do not want my life to be only about grief. But it seems Facebook knows about my situation and so things pop up all the time. I have learned to skip over them but today a poem jarred loose another story that I must tell. 

The poem started this way:

"How do I live without you? Oh, my love, I do not. "

And that has been my experience

On December 22 of this past year I received a message from my dear niece who thinks of me so often. I can tell. She wrote: "your love for him and he for you is stronger than ever.. the sacred chord that connects you is taut...you are him and he is you...keep loving your dear man-he feels it and is longing for the day you can be together again...remember that time is not a thing where he is..it's O.K. to love someone with all your heart...it's the most beautiful blessing that you have..".

Such odd but tender words. The writer said the words came through her. Later that day I was looking for something in the closet and on a shelf is my box of cards; John's contributions in a bag on the top. On a whim or maybe one of those nudges, I took the top one out and smiled at the old folks perched on a log. I opened and read where he signed this:

07-25-07

"We are one. 

Love you, John."


The poem ends this way:

"You walked such a blazing pathway, when your feet were on this earth, that your imprint lingers on and I place my own feet in your steps, one by one.  

How do I live without you?

It's really simple, I do not." Donna Ashworth.


And in this grace filled time, on this very blessed earth, I am finding that that is O.K.






2 comments:

Pgslot แหล่งรวมสล็อตสุดฮิต said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
slot joker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.