Monday, January 2, 2023

being a fairy wren


 



  I like wrens. They have been neighbors for decades on the Graham plantation. For thirty years, in the winter, one or even two will perch on a small ledge by our front door and sleep through the night. How did the first one find the ledge and did he instruct all those who followed of its safety? They only live about eight years so the mystery persists. John swore that they must have had chats. I don't know but I love to see their little feathered bodies all curled up in plain sight.

 But there are wrens and then there are wrens. Once you see an Australian fairy wren you are spoiled forever. 

My beautiful Australian daughter-in-law gave me that colorful journal you see. Above the print is a fairy wren. All the other gorgeous birds are from her home country. Some of the questions on each page are : what was the best thing about yesterday and what are you grateful for today, what are your priorities ? 

When the sun hits the fairy wren you know what a gift this bird is as it flits in your yard. Like a rare jewel has fallen from the sky. You have to smile.  And I bet you're thinking where is this going.

Years ago, while in prayer, I was asked to be Christ to someone once a day. Why I forgot that I don't know but instead of resolutions like eat more raw veggies and avoid carbs I am going to finally heed that call. Being Christ seems daunting although I get it but what about being a fairy wren to someone each day. This all seems lighter, brighter to me somehow. I look forward to it.

 When I tell the welcome lady at Wal Mart that I love her, maybe I have dropped a jewel into her apron. A simple thing. Of these things the Kingdom is made. 



3 comments:

Gclub8 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ทางเข้า pg slot auto มือถือ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ambbet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.