Saturday, December 31, 2022

when your friend tells you the truth

 


  It will get pretty ordinary here but bear with me. I have had the flu/cold/covid, who knows, since 12-26. Slight fever, terrible nose products, slight sore throat and last night, I coughed my left lung into my palm. Not really.

 A friend advised that I get some Mucinex to get the gunk out of my lungs. I knew that needed to be done. Then I thought, easy for you to say, healthy friend. I have been a princess taken care of for 57 years .I haven't left the house since Monday, I have little gas in my car,  my hair is dirty. BWAAAAAA. I CAN'T do it!!! I thought of friends, tried several delivery options, no go. BWAAAAA. I knew this friend was watching me on line so I found some big girl pants and they actually sold it to me out of the pharmacy drive up thanks to the clerk, Jessica, who made it happen. I told her I loved her on the phone. Do you  think she will appear in my kindness journal?

But here is the miracle, why write if not. As I was grumpily driving to CVS, my Friend took over my thinking. I can describe it no other way.

This is what I heard:

"At this time it appears you are weak and vulnerable but I don't want to think of yourself that way. You are My child . This is what I see:

...a youth wo grew up poor getting a Regents scholarship in a house filled with chaos. Determined to get a college degree.

--- a young lady graduating with a degree despite the chaos and a Father twice housed in a mental institution....

...despite growing up with alcoholic parents, and many relatives the same, through determination and My grace, you have never succumbed.

...who lost her fist child to miscarriage and endured the fear and sadness of that hospital trip.  

...a woman who at 70 years hiked 175 miles of the Camino in Spain.

...and after that started a writing group with no experience, just some ideas. That group has been a healing for many.

...a woman who has endured her greatest fear and not become bitter.

  I have left many out for brevity but share these. If you think I am bragging I am not doing a good enough job writing this story.(But did I tell you about the 11 and a half pound baby I had naturally?.)What I wrote has little to do with me and more with the Friend, the Lord, who has had my hand every step of the way.

As the words came flooding in I knew what was happening. Today was a test for me. I think I was given at least a year to live in fear and trembling as it is part of the process.(I am not the only one who breaks down in Kroger I am told.).But now it's time to remember who I am. I may fail, who knows, but what a profound gift to be hearing how I am seen by the One who loves us so.

"He is Kind, He is patient, slow to anger and rich in mercy."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a gift. Praying you will feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Who do we belong to, but those special friends who bolster us whether in pain or in joy. You are blessed with the gift of friendships, a nice way to begin 2023 as the year of new beginnings!

เกม สล็อต ฟรี said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PG JOKER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.