Saturday, October 21, 2023

The eagle, pain and confusion.- Postcard 7




  What an odd place! Underground, dusty, dark, with drawings on the walls, and yet here in this space I was given life enriching advice by an eagle.

A Kiva, used for meetings and prayer by Native Americans, was the setting for my writing group to write a story, anything the picture inspired. This was in 2020.

In my mind, I went down those ladder steps respectfully and quietly. I went with an open heart ready to hear just the wind if that was what was offered. I sat on a wooden bench and closed my eyes.

Soon, I saw an eagle overhead soaring but a bit erratically. Suddenly, I am flying with him and our eyes meet in sympathy. A Voice tells me this: "Many weeks ago a lightening and wind storm surged through here; the eagle was thrown in a thicket of briars. Caught by the thorns the eagle wrenched himself away tearing tendons in his left wing. He flew off in pain and confusion. He has been healing ever since.

"His eagle mind never once asked: why me or how did this happen, or when will I be better. He flew off and healed. One day at a time. Carry this eagle mind into the future and live."

Those were the exact words that I heard that August day. A road map for me it seemed ,though at the time I had no idea why I would need it. Then came the pain and confusion. However, the boundless, eternal, all knowing Creator saw and using my imagination handed me a gift.

My imagination is a blank page where the Creator can post truths by way of images and speech. I just have to step aside.

So I thank that God, the Native Americans, Meinrad Craighead whose story called Vessel inspired us that day and for the eagle who bore the message to me. A deep bow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I Remember the story.

Anonymous said...

Antoinette

pg slot รับฟรีเครดิต said...

pg slot รับฟรีเครดิต ผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มาแรงที่สุด pg slot รับรองความคุ้มราคาจากถ้าเกิดคูณเริ่มจะมีความรู้สึกว่าของฟรีไม่มีในโลก บอกเลยว่าคุณคิดผิดแล้ว ด้วยเหตุว่าเว็บไซต์ของเราแจกจริงไม่ต้องแชร์