Friday, October 6, 2023

The Circle Dream- Postcard 3

   


This one was short and sweet and it has been tucked in my mind's pocket for years. 

It was a dream. There is a happy circle of people, mostly women; we are  dancing to and fro with the Lord in our midst. We are so joyous and wanting to be nowhere else at this minute, just here , dancing. All of a sudden, I feel the Lord take my left hand and attach it to the person's hand on His left as He eases His way backward out of the circle. I am stunned, what's happening here? "Where are You going?"   He says: "I am leaving and now, you lead the circle". Of course it is not the same but we keep dancing. 

It was so real that it seemed like a short documentary but its meaning? I never figured that out til..

In 2015, with no credentials and a lot of cheek, I started a writing group at my church. I loved writing, the doing , the way it revealed what I thought when I hadn't a clue-the magic. Who will come?  

We are twelve and have been meeting for 9 years. Lives have changed, books written, trips to the wetlands and the labyrinth. We have met our God in the words we share. We write stories inspired by art, postcards and many other oddities. 

Where the Creator is there is no time and the Almighty knew what was coming for me as did my husband in some mystical way. The circle has been the way He has kept me balanced. The love and care of my writing group cannot be described. Constant. Sensitive. Patient. Loving. They have held my hand through every minute of my loss.

We don't dance but Christ is in our midst and it's a wonder.






1 comment:

patricia said...

O my Delight, I could not have expressed this accolade better. Within 9 years of gentle obedience to the good Lord, we writers are flourishing because of your wonderful guidance. We shall keep writing, even when we get to heaven!
Bravo!