Saturday, February 19, 2022

My greatest fear ,,,


 Do you see her, this woman walking alone, head bowed?

What does this art say to you? What are the first words that come to mind ? Haunted by this picture in 2007, I wrote her story which I knew was mine. A story of being alone and hoping someone will come into the alley and chat for a while. Maybe invite her for tea by a warm fire. Include her. My first story from art.

My greatest fear came tumbling out onto paper that day so long ago and here I am with her in the alley in the snow.

My daughter says there is no time so I invite you to travel through the graces that had been planned for me as I wrote that story in 2007..

As the woman walked and hoped for something to ease the loneliness, different thoughts danced into her mind:

Sr Faustina's Journal that she had picked up for 50 cents at Goodwill and who urged her to do one kind deed a day, the deacon who visits shut-ins and brings the world into their lives, the kind Grandfather who gave his kids oranges for Christmas. What were those thoughts saying to her? Focus, my darlings, focus. What do you put front and center in your thinking?

How is it that the Spirit put boldly into my mind to look for kindnesses back in June ?I have been gathering them daily since then. And the kindnesses that I have been showered with I am unable to talk about so numerous, so perfect. An orchid, a book, ham dinner, an angel, Masses for John, hugs, tears and love yes, love.

So my "Snow at Louveciennes" which was painted in 1878  and revealed my greatest fear also gave me a way forward. Kindnesses, appreciation .I am not there yet but I know the way. In 1878 Sisley painted, in 2007.a story came. There is no time just a great embrace from the Creator who sees all. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a peaceful image to tuck into the heart.
Your last sentence is Truth indeed.