Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Advent Journey Day 10





A very mild December day greets Georgia this morning. The grey, brown and tawny deer arrive for their corn which was originally meant to entice the squirrels from the bird feeders. Instead, other neighbors come by;  the deer,  a raccoon crowd, crows and the turkeys. They all drift out of the woods like ghosts to rummage around in the leaves.No rushing , just drifting around and eating the corn.

Recently, I met with a person in spiritual direction who said that at this time of life, her prayer is  that she immediately responds to the urging of the Spirit. That she recognizes the Voice and does what is asked. Nouwen seems to be saying the same thing in his writings in "The Spirituality of Waiting".He says that God is always waiting for our response to his love.I can see that; infinite, waiting, patience. Like a shepherd hoping that that smallest of sheep will not venture towards that yawning depth beyond the cliff, but will listen to his voice and follow to the good feed on the safe plain.

 I am not good at waiting. The clock ticks.Many times when we pray for a person we are then asked to act. Be part of the answer. Right now, I feel this strong push to write a letter to a person who walked away from God years ago and yet I hesitate, waiting for a clear sign. Don't I know by now what that push is and how God will handle the rest? As I type, I know what I must do.I ask for prayers that my words will be true and give God the glory and do the work of the One who saved me 50 years ago.Thank you.

1 comment:

patricia griggs said...

Now is the perfect time to write that letter!