Thursday, September 12, 2019

gleanings




This word attracts me. It seems bright somehow. At a glance I see the word glow. It suggests openness, an ability to let the light come in a small opening. It actually means to gather laboriously, bit by bit. Isn't that what we do in our years, sauntering through this life ? Gathering things that hold us together, that give our lives meaning. A quote here, a suggestion there. We bend over and pick up a saying by Buddha, or a Bible verse, a friend's comment and we believe. We stuff them in our souls and consider the day a good one.

I wrote these in my journal: 

......we are not alone....there is a point to our being here....no matter how grim, it does get better...the key to health is moving....writing is a special grace...what we do matters...our ancestors are somewhere...we do have guardian angels....don't stop singing show tunes...plant a garden even if it is three pots.....feed your soul with poetry and art daily and write about it..start to spend more time in nature, walk, sketch...pay attention to dreams, God can speak in that dark time.......keep a journal, back entries are amazing.....take that leap and just believe...that you are loved and that God has a plan for your life...what we can't see is so much better that what we do see...there is mystery....

Co-incidence? Yesterday was the anniversary of 9-11. I opened an old journal yesterday to find a profound dream that I had had. There I found a different entry which revealed that I had a boyfriend, the actor James Woods, who I now, 30 years later, follow on Twitter. He who was on a flight the week before with the terrorists who caused 9-11.They were acting suspiciously so he reported it to the FBI who did nothing. That was their dry run.What a co-incidence that his name should appear when I opened my old journal. He who had tried to avert a tragedy. Mystery.

Someone posted this on Twitter today.

"Faith is confident assurance concerning what we hope for and conviction about things we do not see." Hebrews 11-1.

I am grateful for all the little sticks and stubble put on my path, bits of truth that hold my life.The gleanings.

No comments: